If you are like me and did not turn into a great chef or baker during this pandemic, but you still enjoy feeling inspired by your friends who suddenly have a wild passion for creating magic in the kitchen and you now want to have a go on some fun recipes, then keep reading because it is time for a braai pizza.

This recipe is in memory of my friend's dear grandmother; I never met her but I know she was extremely loving, kind and creative, as well as an amazing woman, from all the times he spoke of her. My friend recently lost his grandmother and this was a special first attempt of making pizza using her recipe.

I love a simple, Bacon, Avocado, and Feta Pizza; you can top the pizza with your favs. This is so easy to make and half the fun is because you get to pop the pizza on the braai.

Braai Pizza: A homemade goodie to enjoy as a family

Pin

Print

Braai Pizza
5 [small]from[/small] 1 [small]vote[/small] Recipe by Alicia Naidoo
Course: DinnerCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Moderate

Servings
12servingsPrep time
1hour Cooking time
15minutesTotal time
1hour 
15minutes

Pizza time combined with braai time, makes this the ultimate meal to prepare and enjoy. Oh, and it's really not that hard to make.

Ingredients
Pizza Dough:
2 cups flour
5 ml salt
10 ml of sugar
5 g yeast
170 ml lukewarm waterToppings:
2/3 cup tomato sauce
2 avocados, peeled and sliced
7 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
Feta (as much as you like)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Tsp of crushed garlic
Pinch of salt
Oregano leaves
Chilli (optional)

Method
Preheat braai to 350°CMix and knead pizza dough into a ball, leave to self-raise for an hourCook bacon Roll out pizza crust and place onto a pan or stoneEvenly spread out tomato sauce on top of the crust, leaving about 1 inch around the edge of crust uncoveredAdd a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of garlic over pizzaSpread mozzarella cheese and feta on top of pizza Cut bacon into pieces and place evenly on pizzaEvenly place avocado slices over pizzaPlace pizza for 10 to 15 minutes on a closed grill. Let pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.Add your fresh oregano leaves on topServe with some pepper and saltAnd enjoy!

Did you make this recipe?

Tag @the.south.african on Instagram and hashtag it #recipes

Like this recipe?

Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest

Looking for more delectable dishes to make at home for your family and friends? We have excellent suggestions for you to try, just check out our recipes.