Relationship advice from stars who’ve had their hearts broken_1

Relationships are hard! No-one knows that more than celebrities whose love lives are under constant scrutiny

From Z’s cheating scandals to cancelled wedding plans, these stars have been through it all.

It might have been rough, but they learned some important lessons from the drama.

Here’s a look at some of their best relationship advice.
Beyoncé: Don’t blame yourself for your partner’s cheating ways

Beyoncé is one of the most beautiful and talented women on the planet, but she has also had her heartbroken.

Her husband Jay Z admitted in 2017 that he cheated on Queen B. Beyoncé also addressed the betrayal in several songs on her critically acclaimed album, Lemonade.

In her song, Love Drought, Queen B questions what she did to make her lover cheat.

“I always been committed, I been focused / I always paid attention, been devoted /Tell me, what did I do wrong?” she sings.

But she recognized in another song on the album that is was not about her. “What a wicked way to treat the girl who loves you,” she sings in Hold Up.

Pearl Modiadie: Listen to that small voice in your head

Pearl Modiadie called off her wedding twice! The media personality’s businessman partner Nkululeko Buthelezi proposed in 2015. They broke up in 2017 before getting back together again. Pearl cancelled her wedding plans for a final time in 2018.

“I went back the first time because you want to give them the second chance. You know, you want to see if you were right or wrong about them… I think it got to a point where it didn’t feel the way it was supposed to.

“It didn’t feel the way we knew it was supposed to. You know what love feels like. When it stops feeling like it and that small voice is talking. It was time to listen and walk,” she told Trending SA in an interview.

Taylor Swift: Don’t forget to have some “me time”

Taylor Swift has written several songs about her heartbreaks. Some of her famous boyfriends include Joe Jonas, John Mayer, Harry Styles and Tom Hiddleston. She is currently dating actor Joe Alwyn.

Before finding love with Joe, Taylor told Esquire magazine that she thinks it’s healthy for people to go a few years without dating.

“… just because you need to get to know who you are… And I’ve done more thinking and examining and figuring out how to cope with things on my own than I would have if I had been focusing on someone else’s emotions and someone else’s schedule,” she said.

View this post on Instagram

Dressing room is lit

A post shared by Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) on

Ayanda Thabethe: Keep your relationships private

After a very public relationships with Andile Ncube and Zulu Mkhathini (formerly known as Dash), Ayanda decided to keep her relationships private. She is currently dating businessman Papi Rabolai but has been careful not to share any details about their romance.

“I’m in a happy, non-public relationship. I’ve learn’t that putting my relationship out there allows all sorts of negative energy and opinions,” she told Drum magazine.

Zodwa Wabantu: Love yourself first

Zodwa Wabantu shocked her fans in May when she proposed to her ‘Ben 10’, Ntobeko Linda. She bought their rings and even planned to pay lobola. But Zodwa put their wedding plans on ice in June, saying she needed to focus on herself.

“I have to love myself and live for myself before I can love him or other people. I want to focus on myself because I feel I’m losing who I am,” she told Daily Sun at the time.

Less than a month later, Zodwa revealed the wedding was off for good.

“I took a break from him and thought he would fight for me. But he was just quiet. I took that as a sign and so it’s off now,” she told TshisaLIVE.

View this post on Instagram

I’m not a Best Girlfriend but a Starring❤️

A post shared by zodwalibram (@zodwalibram) on