Cindy Crawford was pressured into posing nude by photographer_1

Cindy Crawford regrets once allowing a photographer pressure her into posing nude.

The supermodel made the startling confession during a joint interview with her daughter Kaia Gerber at Vogue's Forces of Fashion conference on Thursday, as the pair began to discuss how the #MeToo movement has affected the fashion industry.

While the 53-year-old has willingly posed nude for the likes of late photography icons Herb Ritts and Helmut Newton, she shared one incident in which she was put under pressure to go nude during the shoot.

"I've done a tonne of nudes throughout my career, but I never ever felt bad about (it) except for one time. And it was because it wasn't supposed to be a nude and I kind of felt like a little pressured into it," Cindy explained.

She gave no further details about the photographer, or when the distressing incident took place, but insisted it didn't happen when she was under the age of 18.

"I, even as a woman of 53, want to feel respected and protected in any work environment I'm in. But that one time with that guy, it just felt not right. Those are the only ones I regret. They actually are not even full nudes; they were from the back, sort of. But I didn't vote myself in," she continued. "Sometimes they don't like when you say no, but now I think models feel more empowered to say 'no'."

Elsewhere in the interview, Kaia opened up about the challenges she faces as the daughter of one of the world's most famous women.

"I came from an already known family so it was easy for people to have preconceived ideas about me," the 18-year-old reflected. "The biggest struggle was proving people wrong. I almost had to go backwards before I went forward."

© Cover Media