Jared Leto convinced someone stole Gucci replica head from 2019 Met Gala_1

Jared Leto thinks someone may have stolen his Gucci replica head from the 2019 Met Gala.

The actor/singer arrived at the prestigious event back in May wearing an opulent couture outfit designed by the Italian label's creative director, Alessandro Michele.

However, Leto made headlines as he was carrying a full-size replica of his head on the red carpet which was fashioned into a useful evening bag.

Michele and his Gucci team worked with Italian special effects firm Makinarium to create the unique piece, which cost more than $11,000 (£8,900).

Yet, five months later, Leto has confessed that he hasn't seen his head clutch since the Met Gala and is under the impression that a fellow partygoer took it.

"Honestly, I have no idea," he told GQ magazine. "I think someone may have stolen it. If anyone out there finds it, bring it into your nearest Gucci store in exchange for a pair of dirty sneakers."

At this year's event, Leto's head-to-toe Gucci outfit featured a long-sleeved red gown with crystals draped over his chest and shoulders.

The star has been a longtime muse of creative director Michele, and even wore a Gucci wardrobe for the recent tour with his band, Thirty Seconds to Mars.

"I have a lot of help from the Gucci team. They're an incredible group of people. So talented, so gifted. I feel really fortunate to work with Alessandro and this motley crew of artists and craftspeople that he's put together," the 47-year-old gushed.

© Cover Media