Load shedding suspended for Tuesday, Eskom announce

Eskom have announced that South Africans won't need to worry about load shedding at all on Tuesday 8 September, saying this evening that they have cancelled the planned implementation of Stage 1 blackouts for the rest of the day. 


Eskom had previously suspended their energy conservation strategy on Tuesday until 16:00, but have now provided more good news. They have confirmed however that load shedding will resume on Wednesday 9 September from 16:00 until 22:00. 

Load shedding suspended for Tuesday 8 September 


In a statement released on Tuesday, Eskom said that they had enjoyed a fair amount of success throughout the day that means that they no longer need to turn off the lights. 


"Having successfully returned four generation units to service today, no load shedding was implemented as the generation capacity improved," they said. "While two more units are expected to return to service tomorrow, another two units will be taken offline from tonight for urgent maintenance." 


"Eskom will continue to communicate timeously should there be any changes as the system remains unreliable and vulnerable." 


Eskom said that unplanned breakdowns amount to 9 424 MW of capacity, adding to the 5 246 MW currently out on planned maintenance, but said that they are doing the best they can to restore more power to the fragile grid. 


"Eskom teams are working around the clock to return as many of these generation units to service as possible," they said. 



Eskom confirm more power outages on Wednesday  


The embattled power supplier reiterated that while the prospect of load shedding looms on a daily basis, citizens need to do their part and lend a hand. 


"We urge the people of South Africa to continue using electricity sparingly in order to assist Eskom to reduce the instance of load shedding," they said. 


They added that Stage 1 load shedding would continue on Wednesday from 16:00 until 22:00 

This post is currently not accepting comments.