UK Planning To Ease Lockdown, Wearing Of Face Masks Would Be Enforced

British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson has announced plans of the UK Government to lift lockdown restrictions.

Mr. Johnson who recently recovered from Coronavirus infection has promised to set out a 'comprehensive plan' within the next seven days informing the nation how the lockdown will be eased. And part of the UK's Coronavirus lockdown exit strategy would be the compulsory wearing of a face mask by Britons.

The announcement is coming after the meeting held on Tuesday by the government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) to discuss about the significance of citizens wearing face masks to stop the coronavirus spread, as they plan to ease lockdown, amid fears that social distancing will roll into 2021, as chances of a vaccine within a year are slim.

"I think what SAGE is saying and what I certainly agree with is that as part of coming out of the lockdown I do think that face coverings will be useful both for epidemiological reasons but also for giving people confidence they can go back to work.
'You are going to be hearing more about that and that kind of thing next week." The Prime Minister spoke at the daily Downing Street coronavirus press conference on Thursday.

The PM opined that wearing of face masks in public will be very helpful in terms of minimizing the spread of the disease when lockdown get eased

The UK currently have 171,253 COVID-19 cases with 26,771 deaths recorded.

This post is currently not accepting comments.