Ashley Graham urges fans to remain calm as she self-isolates_1

Ashley Graham has urged her followers to remain calm and level-headed as they self-isolate during the coronavirus crisis.

The model, who recently welcomed son Isaac with husband Justin Ervin, told her followers on Instagram that she was protecting herself, and those around her, by staying inside to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

More than 170,000 around the world have been infected, with more than 6,500 deaths, since the outbreak began in Wuhan, China in December. In the U.S, over 3,800 people have contracted the virus and 69 have died.

Cities in the U.S., including New York and Los Angeles, have gone into lockdown, with authorities closing schools, restaurants and office spaces, and telling residents to stay at home to prevent spreading the virus to the elderly or vulnerable.

Ashley took to Instagram to assure her followers and fans that she was fine, but was taking extra precautions amidst the troubling and uncertain times.

“The times we are in feel surreal and have put everything into perspective. I’m using this time to appreciate the family time I get to enjoy with Justin and Issac,” she wrote, noting that she’s focusing on self-care and her mental health while stuck indoors.

“I believe it’s important for us to remain positive, level-headed, calm, and to continue to support each other. It’s also important to take this seriously; if your job allows, socially distance yourself. Even if you’re young and healthy it’s up to all of us to do our part and protect others, especially the elderly and immunocompromised,” she added.

The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model then used her platform to thank those who are unable to work from home and the doctors and nurses who are caring for the infected.

“We’re all in this together, so in the spirit of ‘love thy neighbor’ let’s lead with love and kindness,” Ashley concluded.

© Cover Media