Paloma Elsesser excited to see more fashion brands embrace inclusivity_1

Paloma Elsesser is excited to see more casting directors embrace inclusivity and diversity.

The curvy model made a splash during the latest Fashion Month when she was tapped to appear in the Fendi and Alexander McQueen presentations.

Accordingly, Paloma is hopeful the movement is now truly beginning to gain momentum across the industry.

“Gone are the days when you can have a show with one black model and claim diversity. I hope that we don’t go back on this progress. I don’t want this to be a flash in the pan,” she said in an interview with Vogue.com. “Whether it’s me having a successful season or a whole other range of body sizes that can be represented it would be such a disservice to go backward.”

Paloma, who was discovered on Instagram by make-up artist Pat McGrath, has also appeared in campaigns for the likes of Nike and Fenty Beauty.

And she remains adamant it’s up to company leaders to take control and hire a wide range of models and ambassadors – or risk becoming irrelevant.

“Putting me on a runway isn’t a cop-out because I’m not just slightly larger than the other models, I am a U.S. size 14 woman (U.K. size 16),” the 27-year-old insisted. “(Still) there needs to be a spectrum of diversity. I can’t represent everyone or speak for everyone but that isn’t the point. I hope to speak for someone, to allow people who have never seen themselves in this context to see a representation of who they are.”

© Cover Media