January Jones prefers exercise classes over solo workouts_1

January Jones prefers to have company when she’s exercising because it stops her from “getting lazy”.

The Mad Men actress first got a taste of Pilates by taking private lessons, but following a recommendation from a friend, she tried out Lagree Pilates classes and hasn’t looked back, as she has discovered she needs to be motivated by others.

“There are 10 of us in the class, and I like having women on both sides of me to push me. When I did the private Pilates lessons a couple of years ago, I just saw myself getting lazy with it because there wasn’t that drive for competition,” January told Shape magazine. “For me, that’s what’s motivating. If there’s someone strong next to me, I definitely want to up my game. I find myself looking forward to it more than I’ve ever looked forward to a workout.”

Lagree Pilates is a full-body conditioning workout that combines strength, endurance, cardio, balance, core, and flexibility training. The 42-year-old has been going to classes two to four times a week for the past year and she has already noticed a difference.

“Lagree is quite difficult, but I’ve found that it’s the only thing that really makes me feel stronger, and I’m loving it. The music is good and there’s always a different routine, so it doesn’t get boring,” she shared. “I’ve gained weight because I’ve put on muscle. I’ve gone up a size in clothes, but I feel like I look better naked.”

Elsewhere in the interview, January confessed that she used to lie to her personal trainers for 2011 movie X-Men: First Class and tell them she had been working out in her hotel room when she was actually watching TV and ordering room service.

© Cover Media