‘The Bachelor SA’ contestants include a Miss SA finalist and the sister of a politician_1

After over a year of waiting, The Bachelor SA is ready to kick off a new season, with a hunky new star and 22 beautiful candidates who are looking to win over his heart!

The Bachelor SA enjoyed a successful debut season in 2019 and the exciting dating show has returned for an even more dramatic (and romantic!) second season.

This year’s bachelor is Marc Buckner, a 36-year-old professional model who, by all accounts is ready to settle down. The proud Capetonian was first unveiled to South Africa last year in September shortly before production of the latest season commenced.

The M-Net team has really pulled out all the stops with this year’s season, promising that it will be more competitive than ever simply because the prize on offer (i.e. happiness with Marc!) is too tantalising to resist.

M-Net’s head of publicity waxed lyrical about Marc in Cosmopolitan: “Once you’ve seen that twinkle in his eye and have the chance to engage with him in conversations on a range of topics – from environmental issues to motorbikes, healthy living, wellness, psychology and news headlines – there’s really only one way to describe him – HUSBAND MATERIAL! And that’s exactly what we want our bachelor to be.”

Who’s competing for Marc’s heart

What is Marc looking for in a partner?

We’ve seen what can happen when a man doesn’t quite know what he wants in a relationship but luckily, it looks as if Marc has a solid idea of what he wants from his future partner.

Speaking to Channel24 recently this year’s bachelor said: “I’m looking for somebody who is mature and goal-orientated, someone who wants to travel and is like-minded but when I say that, I mean a go-getter, someone who wants to get out there, get me out of bed and who says, ‘Let’s go create something’. That’s definitely the person who I would love to spend my time with, or potentially, hopefully, my life.”

Will you be watching the first episode of #TheBachelorSA? Start making your early predictions as soon as you’ve watched!