Maps Maponyane ‘beats’ Roger Federer in ‘friendly match’_1

Maps Maponyane showed off his sporting genes as we went toe to toe against Roger Federer on Thursday in a friendly match. Mr Buns shocked the world when he beat the Swiss tennis legend!

It’s all anybody has been able to talk about this week: the upcoming match between two of world sports’ greatest foes, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

The longtime rivals have both landed in Cape Town ahead of their hotly anticipated contest this Friday afternoon which will be staged in front of fans from across the country at the Cape Town Stadium.

In the build up to the massive game, we saw Roger spending some time with members of the media as well as local influencers this week and the day wouldn’t have been complete without the presence of Maps Maponyane.

When international guests are in town, Maps is usually the person we call to show off our country and he didn’t disappoint on the latest occasion when he took on Roger in a friendly tennis exhibition.

The timeline was impressed when Maps emerged as the winner of their little contest. The influencer wrote on his page, “A quick game of tennis with King Fed [Roger Federer] – A contest otherwise known as “The Match Before The Match”. What an honour to have hosted this intimate brunch for [Moet & Chandon] celebrating the wonderful work that the [Roger Federer Foundation] has been doing for 16 years”

Take a look at the final moments of their friendly clash below:

A quick game of tennis with King Fed @rogerfederer – A contest otherwise known as “The Match Before The Match”.🎾

What an honour to have hosted this intimate brunch for @moet celebrating the wonderful work that the @rogerfedererfdn has been doing for 16 years. #MoetMoment 🍾🥂 pic.twitter.com/jaED0bqA9x

— Buns Out/Abuti Buns/Mr.Buns/Bhanisa/Le Bunza (@MapsMaponyane) February 6, 2020

Maps was not the only celebrity in attendance. The likes of Siya Kolisi, Trevor Noah and Bill Gates have all flown down to Cape Town for the massive tennis match which is set to raise money for the Roger Federer Foundation

Speaking on his Foundation’s website, Roger expressed his delight at the opportunity to face one of his greatest rivals in front of South African audiences when he said, “This Match in Africa is a dream come true. I will play in my mother’s home country against my toughest rival and friend Rafa Nadal.

“We share not only the love for tennis but also for the good cause of giving children a better start in education and in life. I feel privileged to have other leading philanthropists on board to entertain millions of people in the stadium and on TV. It will be a once-in-a lifetime moment for my family and I.”

Will you be watching The Match in Africa today?