Drama! Kelly Khumalo’s sister airs their dirty laundry_1

They say blood is thicker than water but not even that could keep Zandi and Kelly Khumalo together

The younger Khumalo sister has “divorced” her older sibling, according to a statement she put out on social media

Kelly is currently trending on Twitter after her own sister declared, quite publicly in fact, that she no longer wants anything to do with her.

In order to understand how we got here, we need to go all the way back to the beginning of the year and to a popular entertainment venue called Gesh Lounge and Entertainment in eMpangeni, Kwa-Zulu Natal.

The owner of the vibey lounge was left fuming after Zandi Khumalo’s husband, Mhlo Gumede promised him that Kelly Khumalo and Vusi Nova would be performing at his venue. As Bhekani Ndlovu (The owner) revealed to Daily Sun, he paid a booking fee of R17,000 for the two artists only to discover that Kelly knew nothing about this event. Had they all been scammed by Mhlo Gumede?

Once this story broke the light of day, Kelly (who didn’t care that the culprit was her own brother in law) came out and not only distanced herself from the scam, but she made her feelings about Mhlo known in a very public manner

Kelly posted on her on Instagram page; “With all due respect, Mhlo Gumede is my sisters husband And manager NOT my bookings manager nor part of my team,never was and never will be, so what ever dealings you may have with him Do NOT involve me. Thank you. For bookings contact Pat Maghodzo”.

She accompanied this post with a statement which read;

Things appeared to be very messy at this stage, but this was only the beginning! 26-year-old Zandi Khumalo had been silent throughout this whole ordeal but this statement appeared to be the final straw for her.
The singer launched an attack on her sister before effectively “divorcing” her

She wrote; “It is with great sadness and it is with a very heavy heart that I announce my divorce….. If I was divorcing from my husband maybe it would have been a little bit easier and lighter but I am separating from a person that I have known for all my life and I have shared laughs, pain, excitement and disappointments with all my life with.

“I want to officially put it on record that the statement my sister Kelly Khumalo made about my husband was rather happazard, premature and unnecessary to say the least. We spoke about that issue and put it to her that the promoter didn’t stick to his word so she had no right to take it to a public platform without getting facts.”
She proceeded to air Kelly’s dirty laundry

She continued; “The first and the last time I went to jail it was because of her, the first time I was questioned by the police and even put on a lie detector test it was be abuse of her, the first time I saw drugs with my own eyes it was from her but I kept quiet because that is the type of the person I am.”

Zandi’s explosive statement concluded with her saying; “With all that said I have taken a decision that yes I love her dearly but I’m going to love her from a distance for now cos she is toxic as a person and her friends and my mother can arrest to that but she is my sister and awukho umgqomo wokulahla umuntu. This is not to bash my sister and it is neither malicious like her post but to protect t what’s mine because if I started telling you about other issues your Jaws will drop”.

Read the full statement below:

Do you think that Zandi has done the right thing here?