Manchester United fullback, Luke Shaw, has claimed his defence counterpart Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the best 'one-v-one' defender in the world.

The 22-year-old has been very impressive ever since he completed a £50 million move to Old Trafford from Crystal Palace in the summer. He has received enormous praise for his immense tackling ability having made 99 tackles this season; second only to Leicester City's Ricardo Pereira.

Shaw who won Manchester United's Player of the Year award last time around, has now backed Aaron Wan-Bissaka to coup the award this season due to his consistent performance.

The England international said of his team-mate on United's official website :

"I can't look past Aaron Wan-Bissaka. For me, he's been the most consistent player this season,
"If you look back at all the games we played, I can remember only one mistake, for the penalty at Watford, and that has literally been it.
"He has been a solid eight out of ten in every other game he's played, never puts a foot wrong, puts his foot in the right position every time and, for me, he's the best one-v-one defender in the world. No-one can get past him, he's really improved that side of his game and his attacking side too.
"You can see Azza is learning each day and wanting to learn more too. He's been a superb signing for us, so I have to have him in there."

This post is currently not accepting comments.