Former Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has revealed he was a victim of death threats from prisoners after the racism incident with then-Liverpool striker, Luis Suarez.

Suarez and Evra were on opposite sides at Old Trafford, on October 15th 2011, in a football match between Liverpool and Manchester United.

Evra then had a clash with the the former red and later reported that the Uruguayan racially abused him.
Suarez was found guilty of misconduct for insulting comments toward Evra by the Football Association and was suspended for eight matches, with the Uruguay international referring to his opponent's skin colour.

In the aftermath of the incident, Evra says threats were sent to him and his family, via the club.

"Manchester United received so many threatening letters about me," Evra told the official Manchester United podcast.

"People said: 'We're in jail, we're Liverpool fans. When we get out, we're going to kill you and your family'.
"For two months, I had security everywhere I went. They were sleeping in front of my house. Everywhere I went, the security followed me.
"It was a tough time, but I wasn't scared. My family were scared: my wife and brother, but I wasn't.
"I couldn't understand why people hated me so much. They didn't know the truth."

This post is currently not accepting comments.