Former Bayern Munich manager, Jupp Heynckes has expressed his opinion that Manchester City winger, Leroy Sane still has a lot of work to do and is not yet worth the stipulated priced slapped on him.

The German winger has long courted interest from Bundesliga champions Bayern and was close to joining them last summer but a move fell through when he suffered an anterior cruciate knee injury last year August.

The 24-year-old has since recovered from the injury in February but hasn't made competitive appearances.

Heynckes believes the 24-year-old needs to develop consistency to become one of the world's best players. He also opined that the Sane is worth much less than the £88 million ($110m) Manchester City wants for him.

"For me, he has not yet made a breakthrough to an absolute top player," Heynckes told Bild.
"I think this is a player at a crossroads. Will he keep working hard on himself, or will he remain just as an exceptional talent?
"He has to be ready to make the next big step. Because there is no use in flashing the talent from time to time. I also honestly tell you that I don't consider the price justifiable."

This post is currently not accepting comments.