Neymar Next To Win Balon d'Or After Ronaldo & Messi - Emery

Former Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain boss, Unai Emer has backed Brazilian forward, Neymar to one day win the Balon d'Or, and 'take over' as the world's best player from the magnificent duo Ronaldo and Messi.

Ronaldo and Messi have dominated European football for over a decade, winning 11 of the last 12 Ballon d'Or awards between them, and are well regarded as arguably the best players in the history of the game.

However, the duo are drawing closer to the end of their career and Emery who previously coached Neymar at PSG, has identified him as the heir to the title of best in the world.

"The year I was with him [Neymar] was magnificent," Emery told Spanish newspaper Marca.
"I learned a lot from seeing his answers in each training session and in the matches.
"Neymar has football inside, but also the faculties and the conditions to execute it. I think he is facing the opportunity to take over from Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to be the best player in the world, and he has time to do it."

The former Barcelona forward who came 3rd in the Balon d'Or voting in 2015 has been impressive since joining PSG in 2017.
He has scored 69 goals in 80 appearances for the French club.

This post is currently not accepting comments.