EPL Should Be Cancelled -Antonio Rudiger

Chelsea defender, Antonio Rudiger has urged for the English Premier League to be cancelled amid the COVID-19 pandemic which has caused government of countries to enforce lockdown restrictions so as to stop the spread.

The German nationale has opined that football should not be allowed to resume yet as the danger and risk involved is extremely high and that would not sit right on his conscience.

The 27-year-old also expressed his believe that Liverpool should be awarded the EPL trophy since they are ahead by an overwhelming 25-points over second place Manchester City with just two games away from securing them their first league title in 30 years.

"Honestly, as far as I'm concerned they can give Liverpool the title. At the end of the day they deserve it, they've had a great season and are leading the table with, oh I don't know how many points.
The thing is they were going to win the thing anyway, so I think the title is theirs ethically. Of course, I hope that the season can be finished and it will be sporting for everyone. But, as I've said before if we continue to play and there is a danger, and we ignore that while people are dying somewhere in the world, I don't know if that would sit right on my conscience." Rudiger told ZDF.

English football stakeholders are currently waiting for guidance from the UK Government after British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson today announced plans of the UK Government to lift lockdown restrictions.

The UK currently have 171,253 COVID-19 cases with 26,771 deaths recorded.

This post is currently not accepting comments.