COVID-19: Samuel Eto'o commences donation of relief materials to 100,000 Cameroonians.

African football legend, Samuel Eto'o Fils, has started donation of relief materials to people in his home town of Douala in Cameroon amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The former Barcelona forward who is often regarded  Africa's greatest ever striker, is donating food items, soaps, sanitisers and protective equipment in him hometown while other cities like Buea, Yaounde and Baffoussam in Cameroon will also benefit from the former Cameroon striker's philanthropic gesture.

The relief materials are to be given to 100,000 people in the country while an extra 50,000 protective face masks will also be given to taxi drivers in the African Nation.
“The Samuel Eto’o Foundation wishes to be precise that this action aims to further support to Cameroonian citizens from a health perspective than food. The primary objective is to slow the progress of the pandemic,” read a part of Eto’o foundation's statement.

He posted a picture of his foundation distributing relief materials on Instagram, with the caption "I will give my life to continue to serve you’,thank you my team."

This post is currently not accepting comments.