Rapper Kodak Black Questions Verdict in Tory Lanez Trial

On December 24, rapper Kodak Black shared his thoughts on the verdict in the Tory Lanez trial during an Instagram Live session. Tory Lanez was found guilty on all charges related to the shooting of Megan Thee Stallion in July 2020. Kodak Black stated that he did not believe the verdict was correct, saying "This shit ain't right, homie. For real, bro...And Tory Lanez a good nigga, bro...But it's like niggas ain't finna talk about that. Niggas finna act like this shit ain't never happen. I don't know. I wasn't in the courtroom." He also mentioned that he was concerned about the influence of "politics bullshit" and "Jay-Z shit" on the case.

Kodak Black went on to say that he is opposed to men harming women, but expressed skepticism about Megan Thee Stallion's account of the incident. He said, "They done caught this female in a few lies and shit...And ain't nobody came through and say, 'Yea, he did that shit.' That shit don't sit well with me."

It should be noted that Kodak Black was not present during the trial and has not personally witnessed the evidence presented in court. On December 23, after considering the testimony and evidence presented over the course of nearly two weeks, a jury of 12 people convicted Tory Lanez of assault with a semiautomatic firearm, carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle, and discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner to cause bodily injury. Tory Lanez faces up to 22 years in prison when he is sentenced on January 27, 2023.

This post is currently not accepting comments.