Rapper Meek Mill helps 20 incarcerated women reunite with their families for Christmas through bail payment

Rapper Meek Mill, co-founder of social justice organization REFORM alliance, has brought joy to families this holiday season by paying the bail for 20 incarcerated women, allowing them to be home with their loved ones for Christmas.

According to a report by Fox29.com, five of the women were released on Friday night and reunited with their families, including their children, just in time for the holidays. The remaining 15 women will be released next week. In addition to being able to spend the holidays at home, all 20 women will receive gift cards to use at their discretion for either groceries or gifts.

Meek Mill, who is also known as the Dreamchaser leader, is no stranger to the emotional experience of being separated from family during the holidays, as he himself has been incarcerated and away from his son during the holidays in the past. "It was devastating for me to be away from my son during the holidays when I was incarcerated," he said.

Through REFORM alliance, Meek Mill has joined forces with Jay-Z, former Philadelphia 76ers co-owner Michael Rubin, and other sports franchise owners to "transform probation and parole by changing laws" and "create real pathways to work and wellbeing" outside of the criminal justice system. The organization made a statement on Twitter about Meek Mill's charitable act, saying, "#Meekmill has made a heartwarming holiday gesture by paying the bail of women currently incarcerated in Philadelphia."

This post is currently not accepting comments.