Miss SA Shudufhadzo Musida graduates with honours!

2020 just got better for Miss South Africa after she bagged another big qualification!

Shudufhadzo Musida is now an honours graduate! The international relations student shared the good news at the end of last week and although 2020 has been a complicated year for many students, she joins the ranks of graduates who bagged their qualifications during the last 7 days.

Miss SA's CV grows even longer

Shudufhadzo Musida added another big update to her already impressive resume. The Miss South Africa 2020 took to social media last week to reveal that she had just completed her Honours studies and received her marks during a year like no other.

She could barely hide her excitement as she wrote on Twitter, "Marks are out. I'm an honours graduate now! I'm officially a Wits graduate".

The 24-year-old, who will be competing at Miss World next year, had to labour to reach the finish line just like many other students this year but she stayed true to her word that if she graduates, she will fetch her qualification while wearing her crown.

Shudufhadzo's future plans

Her international relations honours degree follows the PPE (Politics, philosophy and economics) which she studied from the University of Pretoria and it looks as if her qualifications are setting her up to be able to make real change in the world. When she spoke on the Miss SA stage before being crowned, she shared a sample of her vision:

"I plan to mobilise stakeholders and the nation so we can bring about educational empowerment through the tackling of issues such as period poverty among young girls, workshops that teach children about the importance of mental health from a young age, and mentorship programmes for young women so they can be empowered to be agents of their own future,"

2020's Other celebrity graduates

Shudufhadzo is not the only public figure to obtain a degree this year.

Radio and TV Star Criselda Kananda also graduated this December after obtaining an honourary degree.

Muvhango star, Regina Nesengani was awarded her PHD in Languages, Linguistics and Literature.

This post is currently not accepting comments.