Banky W Clarifies Old Tweet Of Wizkid Asking Him For Help - Said It Was Staged

Nigerian music icon, Banky W, has reacted to a trending tweet Afro pop star Wizkid made way back in 2010. In the tweet, the then upcoming artiste Wizkid could be seen begging the EME boss to help his music career as he's an upcoming act.

@BankyW hey Mr Banky..my name is Wizkid nd I'm up nd coming in d music industry nd I need ur help mehn..' Wizkid tweeted.

To which Banky W replied: "k send me ur demo :o)"

After the tweet resurfaced, it generated lots of reactions among fans as they expressed their surprise at how the 'Ojuelegba' crooner started, to where he is now as one of the most-loved afrobeat artistes in the world.

However, In a now deleted tweet, Banky W has come out to reveal that Wizzy was already signed to his music group, EME, at the time, and they had been working together for a year and a half. He further explained that he and Wizkid were just playing around when they posted the tweet.

"Lol so I hate to depress everyone that's using this tweet as motivation, but this was a joke. He was already signed to EME at the time and we had been working together for a year and a half or so. We were just catching cruise. It does not happen by tweeting. It's by working," Banky W tweeted.

This post is currently not accepting comments.