BLOWN! CNN Acknowledges Davido For Funding In Support Of Coronavirus Research

Nigerian music superstar Davido has received recognition from international news network CNN for doing his part in the fight against Covid-19.

The Internationally-Acclaimed singer who recently released a music video "Dolce & Gabbana" announced that all the proceeds from the video will go to support the fashion house's 'Dolce & Gabbana and Humanitas Together for Coronavirus Research fund.'

During an interview with entertainment reporter, Chloe Melas, Davido explained why he was making the remarkable donation.

"People are really going through a hard time, this is the first time something like this has paused the whole world. A lot of people out here make money from day to day, like, surviving day to day pay. That's not possible because we all have to stay inside," he said.

When asked by the entertainment reporter about what prompted him to make the donation and also what it was like when his fiancé Chioma tested positive for the virus, Davido explained:

"I was on tour, she was in London with my son. When we all came back to Nigeria, we were, like, because we have travel history, I think it's best we get tested," he told CNN in an interview. "We had no symptoms. Nobody in the house had symptoms. Out of all 34 of us that got tested, she was the only one that came out positive, which was crazy to us."

She has since recovered and he says she never exhibited any symptoms.

This post is currently not accepting comments.