As Lagos State University prepares for its 23rd convocation ceremonies, important notice to all graduands has been released by the school management.
In a statement released by the University's Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations (CIPPR) today, Diploma and First Degree graduands are expected to pay a sum of Twenty-Seven Thousand Naira (N27,000.00) only while Postgraduate graduands (Ph.D only) are required to pay a sum of Eighty Thousand (N80,000:00) only. The payment is expected to be made online via the University's ePayment portal; http://www.lasu.edu.ng/tsa/epayment/default.php
Read the full statement below.
23RD CONVOCATION CEREMONIES: NOTICE TO GRADUANDS
Diploma and First Degree Graduands are required to pay a mandatory sum of Twenty-Seven Thousand Naira [N27,000.00], while Postgraduate (Diploma and Masters) Graduands are to pay the sum of Thirty-Seven Thousand Naira (N37,000.00) only, online via www.lasu.edu.ng/tsa/epayment/default.php
Invitation cards, Notice AND Convocation Package will thereafter be issued on the presentation of receipt of payment.
2. Academic Gown should be returned immediately, after the Ceremony or latest by Friday, 17th May, 2019.
3. Any graduand who holds on to the Academic Gown beyond Friday, 17th May, 2019, will be liable to a fine of Five Hundred Naira [N500:00] only, for each day of default. Also, any graduand who loses OR damages the Academic Gown would pay a sum of Thirty Thousand, Naira [N30,000:00] only, as replacement fee.
Postgraduate Graduands [Ph.D Only] are required to pay a sum of Eighty Thousand (N80,000:00) Naira only, via the above link for procuring the University Academic Gown and their Certificate.
4. Graduands are to NOTE that certificates will be available for collection immediately after the Convocation Ceremonies, subject to return of academic gown.
5. First degree graduands are to move the tassels of their caps from right to left at a point during the ceremony, when the Vice Chancellor declares; "I admit you all". This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of Lagos State University (LASU).
Higher degree recipients should put on their caps, with the tassels placed at the left hand side, since they already have their first degrees.
6. ALL graduands should seek the assistance of Faculty Officers to ensure that the hood and cap are properly worn, with the tassels (cords) of the cap positioned to the right,
7. Female graduands are expected to show courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male graduands are expected to bow, but NOT remove their caps.
8. Parents/Guardians and Invited Guests are advised to be seated NOT later than 9.00 a.m. on each day.
*(GRADUANDS SHOULD PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY)*
Graduands are to join the Convocation Procession by 9.00a.m, failing which they will not be allowed to join the procession and into the Auditorium.
Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the sections provided for them in the University Auditorium Complex.
The Convocation package comprising:
Order of proceedings;
Convocation brochure (1 copy each)
Academic Gown AND
Will be given to graduands by their "respective Faculty Officers OR Secretary to the Postgraduate School, for Higher Degrees as the case may be.
UNAUTHORIZED MOVEMENTS AND TAKING OF PHOTOGRAPHS WILL NOT be allowed during the Convocation Ceremonies. Graduands are therefore advised in their own interest to complete such activity before coming into the University Auditorium OR wait till after the ceremony.
Any graduand who leaves his/her seat while the ceremony is on will NOT be allowed to return to the Auditorium. This is to ensure ORDERLINESS during the Convocation Ceremonies.
Graduands and Invited Guests who occupy the overflow under the canopy outside the Auditorium are requested to be orderly and rise to their feet as the Academic Procession enters AND leaves the Convocation venue.
Graduands should be properly robed; and are also advised to conform to the colour prescribed for their Faculties.
All graduands are required to immediately commence and complete the process of their clearance in their respective College/Schools/Faculties before the convocation, in order to facilitate the collection of their degree certificates.
The Vice Chancellor congratulates all Graduands, Parents/Guardians Stakeholders and the entire University Community on the occasion of the 23rd Convocation Ceremonies of the University.